- Title Pages
- CHAPTER ONE The Sumerian Takeoff
- CHAPTER TWO Factors Hindering Our Understanding of the Sumerian Takeoff
- CHAPTER THREE Modeling the Dynamics of Urban Growth
- CHAPTER FOUR Early Mesopotamian Urbanism: Why?
- CHAPTER FIVE Early Mesopotamia Urbanism: How?
- CHAPTER SIX The Evidence for Trade
- CHAPTER SEVEN Early Mesopotamian Urbanism in Comparative Perspective
- CHAPTER EIGHT The Synergies of Civilization
- CHAPTER NINE Conclusions: The Mesopotamian Conjuncture
- Epilogue Early Sumerian Societies: A Research Agenda
- Appendix 1 Surveyed Early/Middle Uruk Sites in the Mesopotamian Alluvium Organized by Size and Presumed Functional Category
- Appendix 2 Surveyed Late Uruk Sites in the Mesopotamian Alluvium Organized by Size and Presumed Functional Category
- Reference List
- Source List
- Ancient Mesopotamia at the Dawn of Civilization
- University of Chicago Press
Chicago Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.